Selected Nutrient Management Publications
Table of Contents
This page includes links to some of the useful MU guides available on nutrient management and related topics.
Please search MU publications for access to a more comprehensive list of MU guides.
Phosphorus and Water Quality(top)
- G9181 Agricultural phosphorus and water quality.
- G9182 Managing manure phosphorus to protect water quality.
- G9220 Strategies to minimize phosphorus loss from your farm.
- G9184 The Missouri Phosphorus Index.
- G9183 Phosphorus best management practices for biosolids and other organic residuals.
- G9221 Nutrients and water quality for lakes and streams.
- NCR187 Agricultural phosphorus management and water quality protection in the Midwest.
- G9218 Managing nitrogen to protect water quality.
- G9186 Calculating plant-available nitrogen and residual nitrogen fertilizer value in manure.
- G9177 Preplant nitrogen test for adjusting corn nitrogen recommendations.
- IPM1027 Best management practices for nitrogen fertilizer in Missouri.
- PM1584 Cornstalk testing to evaluate nitrogen management (Iowa State Publication)
Testing Soils and Manure.(top)
- G9217 Soil sampling hayfields and rowcrops.
- G9215 Soil sampling pastures.
- G9112 Interpreting Missouri soil test reports.
- G9340 Sampling poultry litter for nutrient testing.
- EQ0215 Laboratory analysis of manure.
Other Related Topics(top)
- G0219 Setback distances for land application of manure.
- G9334 Optimizing fertilizer value of manure from slurry hog finishing operations.
- G9330 Calculating the value of manure as a fertilizer source.
- G2324 Swine diet manipulation to minimize environmental impacts.
- G4555 Managing manure on alfalfa hay.
- G2083 Calculating the fertilizer value of supplemental feed for cattle on pasture.
- EQ0349 Hog manure and domestic wastewater management objectives.
- Review of Guidelines for Temporary Manure Piles.