Missouri Phosphorus Index (PI)
The PI is used to identify fields that have a high probability phosphorus loss in surface water runoff. The Missouri PI version 0.2 is in an Excel spreadsheet. The current version of the PI was released April 20, 2005.
- Download the Excel file with the Missouri Phosphorus Index.
- MU Guide The Missouri Phosphorus Index. Provides detailed information on how the PI works and how to use the Missouri PI.
Using the Missouri Phosphorus Index (PI) - a Tutorial
This section includes a step-by-step tutorial for how to successfully run the Missouri P index as part of developing a nutrient management plan in Purdue's Manure Mangement Planner. Information covered includes:
- Using the Missouri P Index Excel Spreadsheet
- Using Purdue's MMP to get the RUSLE2 numbers needed for the Missouri P index
- How to obtain "soil hydrologic group"
- How to estimate "distance from water feature"
To view tutorial "click" HERE.
The files below support the tutorial. Save both files in the same folder on your computer.
- MMP file set up for tutorial.
- GDB database file (zipped) for RUSLE2 in MMP (~1MB file).
Note that this gdb file is for this example only.